Saturday, July 30, 2005

Essential reading – my arse

To many people summer holiday means reading good books in the shadow of some big three – I’m all for it, but it’s been a while since I had a suitable book in my hands. The last one was Bob Dylan’s “Chronicles vol. 1” but it was released up to X-mas and I couldn’t wait till summer … mind you, it’s a brilliant and somewhat odd book.
This summer I was recommended “The Rule of Four” by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. It’s riding on the latest wave of pseudo-academic thrillers competing with books such as “The da Vinci Mystery” and what have you. Let me tell you from the start – if you wanna read books of that genre then go to the mother-ore: Umberto Eco or if you prefer a bit more easy-reading Arturo Pérez-Reverte! Don’t waste your time on self-absorbed copy cats! It’s like reading Ken Follett instead of Shakespeare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home